Discovery, Differentiation, Discernment, Daring
A positive, process approach to becoming the person, the team
or the community God designed us to be as followers of Jesus and citizens of God's so loved world!
Offered by Kathleen Bynum Lalor
STRENGTHS Workshops & Coaching
(Using the Gallup StrengthsFinder inventory as the foundation resource)
1. It begins with the conviction that who we are called to become was written into our God-given core from our earliest, most formative years.
2. At that core, many call “soul,” are particular strengths that God entrusts to us for both the healing of the world and for the joy of becoming “fully alive human beings.”
3. These core strengths aren’t skills or aptitudes, but rather are the ways we are hardwired for our very best thinking, relating, achieving and leading.
4. Understanding a person’s very individual strengths increases a leader’s ability to engage that person in meaningful avenues for spiritual growth and passionate service.
5. This approach says goodbye to filling slots and refocuses attention on how God is calling the individual and the community to use the strengths God puts into our hands.
6. It can help liberate laity and staff alike from unhealthy expectations and reaffirm the interdependence of all who call themselves followers of Christ.
Who might benefit from this workshop?
Older Youth and Young Adults
Mid and Older Adults
Ministry Teams and Ministry Staffs
Lay Leaders, Church Elders or Deacons
Support Groups, Covenant Groups
Women's Ministry Groups or Retreats
Families and Couples
|Strengths coaching is available for those who prefer to explore their core strengths through a coaching relationship. Individuals may also request coaching after doing a workshop, in order to go deeper into the implications for their lives.|
Strengths coaching is not counseling or therapy. It is an intentional conversation with an experienced guide who is committed to your self-discovery and discernment. Kathleen offers confidential, faith-based coaching, deeply rooted in scripture, prayer, and in-depth study.
Having worked with close to a thousand people in the church and community in 5 states, Kathleen is well equipped to offer support to individuals as they work to discern next steps for living a more whole, holy life—for being who we are with integrity and joy!
In addition to the work Kathleen does with congregations, ministry teams, and spiritual leaders, she also is available as her schedule permits to offer team building workshops and staff/team analysis services to non-profits, their boards and other small businesses or work teams.
She can tailor for settings where there may be multiple faiths represented or where faith language is not appropriate. This work is grounded in her study and experience with Strengths based leadership and teams.
Broadens and deepens ownership of and accountability for the life and ministries of your body of Christ in affirming and engaging ways
This process serves the community long after the initial journey as people learn to honor what each person brings to the table
EMBODY: Becoming Beloved Community as a Ministry Staff or Team
NEXT to WHOLE (as presented at SOULFEAST 2010)
HEARING & DOING THE WORD: God's Call to Love & Justice
BOLD: Believe Out Loud, Disciples! Advocacy for Fully Inclusive Communities
Examples of Recent Offerings
Guided discernment conversations on new church plant
Music Row company team building
Ongoing Strengths-based life coaching with teens and adults
College/Young Adult Workshop for local UMC
Two year partnership to tailor a Strengths-based coaching model for adults called to youth ministry
Workshop offering at Upper Room sponsored event, SOULfeast at Lake Junaluska
EMBODY training for ministry staff during transition with an interim senior pastor
Re-covenanting work with local church staff to lower stress and boost effectiveness
Preaching related to the challenge of being church in today's world